Banking Local is as Important as Ever
At Decorah Bank and Trust, we make loans to you and your neighbors, to farmers and to local business owners. We hold deposits from within our communities and invest back into them. We are here for you, and your deposits are safe with us.
In light of the news around Silicon Valley Bank and consequent customer concerns, community banks across this country are reminding consumers that they are in the best position to support customers and small businesses. #BankLocally is as important as ever. The ICBA issued the points below in response to the closing of Silicon Valley Bank.
- Community banks remain well capitalized and well positioned to continue to serve our customers and community.
- Community banks have always been focused on safety and soundness as part of our traditional and relationship-based business model.
- This unique banker access is what makes community banks different and an asset to those they serve. Customers often know the President/CEO of a community bank and can reach out with questions or concerns.
- Nobody has ever lost a dime of FDIC-insured deposits up to $250,000.
- For customers that have questions about whether additional insurance coverage is needed, community banks stand ready and prepared to assist. If anyone has questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.
Recent News Stories
Iowa’s banks are healthy, 2 state banking leaders say (Des Moines Business Record)
As financial institutions collapse, Iowan’s shouldn’t worry about local banks (WHO 13)